Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pampers. All opinions and thoughts are my own.
Sleep is an important part of a child’s development and that’s why we started a bedtime routine for Lucy from an early age. It has changed over time, as her needs have changed, but we’ve always tried to keep some consistency to help all of us have a good night’s sleep and wake up feeling ready to take on a new day.
She’s 20 months now and aside from having the odd night here or there where she struggles to get to sleep, she generally will sleep through the night from 7:30 pm-7:30 am. For us, the most important parts of our bedtime routine have been consistency, calm activities and using Pampers Baby Dry diapers to help keep her dry for up to 12 hours a night.
As that time of day approaches and the evening starts to wind down, Lucy grabs our hands and drags us over to the stairs to head up for bath time. She is becoming so independent and loves to take the lead on activities.
It’s time to hop in the tub to burn off that last bit of energy and scrub behind her ears. We splish and splash, giving the floor a good cleaning in the process. Lucy found some bubble bath, bath books, bath crayons and new squirt toys in her stocking at Christmas and we’ve been having a blast playing together at bath time with the new goodies.
I like to call her my little ghost, as she wraps herself up in the towel and heads down the hallway towards her room, with a quick detour at the window.
She loves to look out, always searching for birds and “babbits”.
With more than 50 years of experience and a complete range of diapers, wipes and training pants, Pampers is the brand we trust to provide protection and comfort all night long. Sleep is an important part of your baby’s development and research shows babies’ skin can sense wetness, acting as a little “alarm clock” that can potentially wake them from a peaceful sleep. There may be many things that will disturb your child’s sleep, but thanks to Pampers’ innovation, your diaper will not be one of them.
Pampers is constantly innovating and is proud to share that Pampers Baby Dry diapers now have the same Extra Absorb Channels that exist in Swaddlers and Cruisers. So now Pampers Baby Dry is thinner and drier for superior overnight protection and comfort.
- New Look, Same Protection – Pampers Baby Dry diapers are now enhanced with Extra Absorb Channels yet it is the same diaper you have come to trust to give you and your baby up to 12 hours of overnight protection.
- A Thicker Diaper Is Not A Better Diaper – Pampers Baby Dry is thinner, which allows for a more comfortable fit while Pampers exclusive thick-to-thin technology distributes wetness evenly and locks it away so babies are even drier than before. Unlike ordinary diapers with two layers, Pampers has extra absorbent layers to stay up to 3x drier, pulling liquid away, so babies can sleep soundly all night.
- They’ve Researched This – Pampers diapers undergo extensive testing with pediatricians, dermatologists and moms to ensure products meet and exceed the needs of their most important customers – babies.
- Stretchy Sides – All around stretchy sides for a comfortable fit.
- Wetness Indicator – Lets you know when your baby might need a change.
- Soft like cotton – A soft touch to give your baby all-around comfort.
Once we have Lucy all dressed and diapered, it’s back to the bathroom to lightly blow dry her hair and grab her toothbrush. We do brush for her at first and then she likes to do a little brushing on her own too.
As an avid reader myself, I love to see Lucy get excited about picking out her own bedtime stories each night. Some of her favourites right now are Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, Stick Man and Goodnight Gorilla.
Garrett and I take turns doing story time, reading 2-3 books with Lucy while the other one tidies up from bath time. Then we all join back up in the nursery for a couple of lullabies before tucking Lucy in. Some nights it’s just multiple requests for “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”, but if it’s what she needs to wind down, I’ll take it!
Then it’s kisses and hugs, turn the sound machine on, offer a final sip of water and Lucy snuggles into bed with her sleepsack and favourite bunny and bear. Usually, she goes down fairly easily with minimal fuss (we watch on our video monitor) and she stays asleep all night thanks to Pampers Baby Dry. Knowing she’ll be dry and comfortable for up to 12 hours a night gives us peace of mind, so that we all get a good night’s sleep. Sweet dreams friends!